Monday 25 June 2007

Watcher's Sanctuary = The D'ni 'Drones'

It looks like activity from the DRC is on the cards again. The Zero's been activated, and the Watcher's Sanctuary has been opened for explorer access, complete with five volumes of the Book of Words. Er'cana is apparently slated for this week as well. Looking forward to visiting it, I've yet to see one of the D'ni food ages in person.

A report has also been completed on the collapse in the City last month. No structural damage prior to the collapse is the official conclusion. We all suspected it, but having it confirmed is chilling to say the least. Being careful where I put my feet in the future.

Had a quick poke around the Sanctuary. Definitely an up market watering hole for the intelligentsia, almost like a D'ni version of the Reform Club. I can see myself becoming a regular patron. Fascinating history of the place too, especially this so-called 'Path of the Shell'. The Watcher's 'Words' made interesting reading, and I even found myself making some connections to current events. I don't think it's wise to read too much into them, though. Ambiguous philosophies of their nature can be twisted and interpreted to fit any event. Still, Simpson's report mentioned that their words contain hints to Kadish's self-congratulatory puzzle he concocted, so when the time comes I may end up studying the texts in more detail at a later date.

Hope the DRC presence continues to be prominent this week. Be interesting to see if they've made any progress with the symbol found in Minkata.

No comments: