Sunday 17 June 2007

My Path in the Stars

I had a feeling I would find something. And find something I did.

After taking the numbers for each bearing as time as opposed to steps, I came across one of the raised daises which were to my astonishment no only open, but held a ladder leading down. I was led into a small cave, containing some empty crates (DRC's?) and a Bahro stone. It was similar in shape and size to the one under the canopy where I linked in, but imagine my surprise when I found upon it a phrase carved in English.

Touching the symbol in the centre bought back memories of the Journey cloths. At least, for a brief second - next thing I knew, I was linking out, and when I linked back in the cave was dark and cold. Climbing back up, I looked out to see the desert illuminated by the night sky. Either I had been linked to a separate age, completely alike but at night, or the stone had changed day into night.

'Find my Path in the Stars'... looking up in the sky, I was stuck by the constellations, and how odd they were. There seemed to be five precise groupings, all with a varying numbers of stars and shapes making them up. Five sets of stars... five sets of way points? Looking up at the simplest of them, and comparing my sketches from the book of directions, I realised I was staring at my route from the canopy to the cave, depicted in the sky. Was this what it meant?

It was. And I don't quite understand what happened when I walked towards the stars and encountered the shape, but it is of vast importance I emulate what I have done for the other four sets of bearings. Only when the symbol is complete will this age's mysteries be unlocked.

No comments: