Thursday 14 June 2007

It burns us, precious...

I made the mistake of not applying any tan lotion before getting lost in Minkata. I now have a slight degree of burning. On my everything.

Thank the Goddess for my waterfall is all I can say. Well, I could say a lot more, but in the interests of keeping this little journal PG I restrain myself.

Anyway, Minkata. Fascinating age. And big. Very VERY big. Incredibly easy to get lost, a perfect training ground for the Guild of Cartographers. I can imagine teams of D'ni running around, utilising any distinguishing mark they can find to keep their right direction.

What's interesting though is the stone that lies underneath the main compass canopy. It clearly refers to the Bahro, and what's more, I've seen that symbol before. Isn't it the one that Sharper found on his hunt in Nelighan? What is it's significance?

I'm sure there's more to this age than first appearences suggest. If I can understand how to follow the directions in that journal in the library, I may discover what is hidden beneath the dust and sand. The journal is the key, I am sure of it.

Sigh. And there's me thinking I left the Scouts behind me for good.

No comments: