Wednesday 6 June 2007

Preparations

I've just returned from a surface trip, a fortnight back in my estate in Reality Gardens, trying to get my thoughts straight and decide what to do.

Spoken to several people about what has happened - Adrienne, Seigen, Max and Kenji most prominantly. Much speculation, a great number of reassurings, but nothing that's made me understand the events any better. I am grateful for their counsel, though. Has helped me push aside the fear a little. Kenji in particular I am most thankful for, and in our last conversation he hinted that he may join me in the coming months. This has thrilled me greatly, but it speaks volumes in regard to the peril he believes I and my fellow explorers will soon be facing.

Took the oppertunity to bring down with me the assorted clothes, supplies, trinkets and assorted odds and ends that my untimely departure prevented me from taking the first time. My hut on Relto is now a mess of strewn cases, and knowing my general lethergy with unpacking I shan't get around to getting everything sorted until the weekend. Must make an effort and get things done.

One thing doesn't need unpacking, though, and looking at it laying on my shelf I realise the full gravity of the last month's events that's made me even consider bringing it down with me. All I can do is hope I never have to use it. I hope that side of me will once again remain forever dormant.

No comments: